Friday, July 1, 2011

I like days when I have to use an umbrella...

Today was wet and foggy, MY FAVORITE! Walking across the parking lot becomes the adventure of a lifetime when you have your trusty umbrella. Today, working at a Jamaican church on my VBS missions trip in Ft. Lauderdale. I realized how present God is in my life. He is present in the overfeeding of two Jamaican sisters who laugh more than St. Nick himself. He is present in the extraordanary vocabulary of an old pastor who has been to just about every country of the world. He is even present amid the raindrops in the parking lot, walking right beside me underneath my umbrella. The words He says in Matthew's gospel seem so much more powerful when I read them in this light. "lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." (Matthew 28:20) NASB

No comments:

Post a Comment