Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Cross was my Valentine.

My dearest, my darling, the love of my life,
I came and I died,
To break those chains you're embracing tonight.
I gave my life's blood, I gave my hearts love,
To write you a love song for all time.

The Cross was my valentine,
I took your nails, and your spear in my side.
I carried your burdens, and bore all your stripes.
Now I'm begging you, pleading with you, won't you be mine?
Forever and always, a love for all time,
I'm begging you darling, won't you be mine?

My dearest, my darling, the love of my life,
I want you to be my lovely bride,
Sparkling, beautiful, immaculate, and white;
Bought with my blood, bought with my life.
I'm begging you darling, won't you be mine?

So here I stand, my arms open wide.
I want all your tumults, I want all your strife.
I want all the secrets you've harbored inside.
I stepped down from my throne, and I fought your fight,
I fought and I won, with my precious life,
To draw you. I love you. Won't you be mine?

No comments:

Post a Comment