Saturday, December 4, 2010

Rest in my shadow.

Do you know how to speak the language of silence?
Or have you grown so accustomed to the babble
The unimportant, rambling, babble
That you have forgotten what it means to be
Peaceful, calm, and quiet?

Do you know how to feel stillness?
Or have you grown so callused, callused by an endless
Everything? Running, moving, stressing, calling, talking, writing
So often that you have forgotten what it means to be
Peaceful, calm, and quiet.

"Come unto me" He says "And rest I will give to you"
"No more laden carts, laden hearts, you're free because I am the truth."
My back was strong enough for your rugged cross, your cares can be lost
In the sea of my forgetfulness, and then you will remember, joyfully remember how to be
Peaceful, calm, and quiet."

No comments:

Post a Comment