Monday, October 31, 2011

Your words are the breath for my soul. (Your soul is the typewriter)

Your words are the breath for my soul;
The in and out life coming and going
Into me.
Your words are the breath for my soul
Because they are messengers of perfection,
Leaders of insurrection
Calling mutiny against anything that is evil
In me.
Your words are the breath for my soul
Because they carry your heart
Upon their backs.

Your words are the breath for my soul,
And if your words are the breath for my soul
Your soul is the typewriter,
The instrument of Divine Fiat,
Awakening me from my dusty deadness.
I've tried and tried a million times
To write a heartbeat on a blank page,
But the ink dried,
The heartbeat died,
Life escaped me.
But when the tap of your keys
Occurred in my direction,
My crumpled-page heart
Awoke,
The wrinkles straitening into
A script,
With all the lines I need to be the Romeo
For your never dying Juliet.

-Misfit
Find more like this at http://magpietales.blogspot.com/

4 comments: