Monday, December 26, 2011

Re-knitting this present moment.

The chords of my heartstrings
Are fraying;
Thread by thread
They are unraveling
As I am traveling
Into the fearful future,
So unknown behind its
Cloudy incense veil consisting of
This present moment;
A curtain of now-ness.
My last resolve
Has evolved itself into
An irrepressible hope
That denies description.
As my last tools of comfort
Are torn from my grasp,
And alas! My flask of Gilead-Balm
Lies empty;
I must turn my attention
To the question at hand,
"How does one re-knit
A tattered sweater?"

6 comments:

  1. Very slowly, unfortunately. Good capture of that uncomfortable frayed feeling we all live with in our insane world, esp this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha sometimes you just start afresh and let yesterdays sweater find a new home or reuse the old thread in new ways...nice capture...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the metaphor...me, I would stitch it back again at the edges or give it away~

    Enjoyed your reflection ~

    Nice to meet you at D'verse~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect imagery of 'now'

    'This present moment;
    A curtain of now-ness.'

    I enjoyed your verse... and to answer you, a tattered sweater is re-knitted by belonging... and love... in my opinion...

    Thanks for sharing... Wish you a happy new year...

    Shashi
    ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Om Namah Shivaya
    http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com/2011/12/whisper-no-one-is-there-in-living-haiku.html
    At Twitter @VerseEveryDay

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the title and the idea.




    Hello,

    Hope all is well,
    Glad to land on your island that showcase fabulous poetry talent, way to go!!!

    Welcome join us by submitting a free verse or a poem of your choice today,

    Cheers.

    Happy New Year!
    Bless You.

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete